Understanding the CRA’s Organizational Structure: The Different Departments in the CRAin Tax Advice Information and Updates
• 5 of these headquarter branches are Program Branches, which provide policy and technical support to individuals and businesses through the CRA’s tax service offices and regional tax centres. These 5 program branches include
o Assessment, Benefit and Service
o Compliance programs
o Collections and Verification Branch
o Legislative Policy and Regulatory Affairs
• 7 of the remaining headquarter branches are corporate support branches such as finance and human resources management.
• The 5 regional branches are responsible for the establishment of program policies and procedures in their respective regions. These branches are led by a Regional Assistant Commissioner.
The CRA operates 51 local tax services offices and regional tax centres. Tax services offices deliver excise (HST/GST) and income tax programs including audit, collections, payroll compliance and appeals. Regional tax centres, on the other hand, are primarily tasked with processing individual and corporate income tax, GST, other returns and payments and delivering benefits programs.
- Understanding the CRA’s Organizational Structure: ...
- The Different Departments of the CRA: 5 Program B...