Here's our new business tips video for you on Business Passion & Pre-Consultation: https://t.co/JQTkWsP9JJ
The Different Departments of the CRA: 5 Program Branches, Part 1in Tax Advice Information and Updates
We will briefly discuss each Program Branch’s responsibilities here.
1. Assessment, Benefit and Service Branch is responsible for:
• Processing individual and corporate tax returns as well as GST/HST and Trust returns
• Administering Federal and Provincial / Territorial benefits and credits
• Managing the CRA’s E-services including My Account, My Business Account and Represent a Client
• Managing Call Centres including the Individual Income Tax enquiries, Benefits enquiries, Business enquiries and e-Services helpdesk
• Sending out correspondences including Notices of Assessment and Reassessment, Employer-related correspondence, GST/HST Notices and Cheques and Corporation Notice of Assessment
• Conducting outreach to specific taxpayer segments to support voluntary compliance
2. Compliance Programs Branch is responsible for:
• Supporting compliance through outreach, service and education
• Collaborating with tax professionals, provincial and territorial governments to clarify rules and ensure efficient administration
• Developing business intelligence, gathering data and risk scoring to select the optimal files
• Conducting audits and delivering an expanding range of non-audit treatments including industry campaigns, support visits and criminal investigations to correct non-compliance
We’ll look at the other 3 Program Branches and their responsibilities on part 2 of our blog series so please check back soon!
- Understanding the CRA’s Organizational Structure: ...
- The Different Departments of the CRA: 5 Program B...