CRA’s customer service gets failing grade from Canadians, Part 1
• Making information more helpful and easier to understand
• Providing more convenient access to services and support
• Ensure Canadians feel understood, respected and valued
With over 3,300 online submissions and over 140 participants in 7 in-person consultations, the verdict is in – CRA’s customer service has a very long way to go.
Respondents were asked if they have had a service experience with the CRA that did NOT meet their needs. 83% said yes. Note that majority of these experiences occurred over the telephone. Of the respondents that answered yes to the previous question (above), 84% ranked their interactions as “poor.”
The CRA asked “what did not go well with the interactions?” and the respondents answered with 5 main themes namely:
• Long wait times and dropped calls
• Agents are considered rude or unhelpful
• Lack of response / action
• Issues with online tools / forms
• Feelings of animosity / being a target
How was your experience with the CRA? Do you think these findings are accurate and somewhat similar to what you have experienced? Share your thoughts with us!