Confirming your Payment to the CRA

If you owe taxes for 2018 and have already paid it, you have to know that payments are not always immediately reflected on your Notice of Assessment or the new Express NOA service that you have received. Here are ways to confirm or verify that your payment has been received by the CRA:

- If you have registered with the CRA’s online service, My Account, you can confirm that the CRA received your payment by going to your Accounts and Payments tab in My Account.
- If your payment is not reflected on your account, call the CRA at 1-800-959-8281 (for residents). If you are a non-resident inside Canada or the US, you can call 1-855-284-5946. And if you are a non-resident outside Canada for the US, you can call 1-613-940-8499. Please note that you will need information from your current or previous CRA return to verify your identity.
- For businesses, you can confirm that the CRA received your payment by viewing your Account balance and activities link in My Business Account. If your payment was not applied to an account as you expected, you can use My Business Account or Represent a Client to transfer payments within your various accounts or call 1-800-959-5525.

Starting your Own Business: Transition from Emplo...
CRA announces expansion of Liaison Officer Service...

The KD Blog