Alberta’s Emergency Isolation Support
This program is now CLOSED. This program provided funds to over 79,596 eligible Albertans since it launched for a total of approximately $91.7 million.
What is Emergency Isolation Support?
Eligible Albertans can receive a one-time emergency isolation support payment of $1,146 if they are required to self-isolate or are the sole caregiver of someone in self-isolation and they have no other source of income or compensation.
Note that this is a temporary program to bridge the gap until the Federal Government’s Emergency Response Benefit is available in April.
Who is eligible?
You are eligible if have experienced total or significant loss of income and are not receiving compensation from any other source because you:
• have been diagnosed with COVID-19
• have been directed by health authorities to self-isolate
• are the sole caregiver of a dependent who is in self-isolation
Who is NOT eligible?
You are not eligible for this program if you:
• were not working immediately before you were advised to self-isolate
• can work from home
• are not experiencing a significant loss of income as a result of self-isolation
• are currently collecting other forms of income support or employer benefits while self-isolated, such as:
o workplace sick leave benefits
o federal employment insurance (EI) benefits
• are staying home to care for a dependent who is home for a reason other than self-isolation
• reside outside of Alberta
How to apply?
1. Complete the initial online eligibility assessment. Albertans can apply here: https://account.alberta.ca. If you meet the general eligibility criteria, you will be able to continue through the application.
2. You will then be required to sign in to or create a MyAlberta Digital ID (MADI) account to complete the application.
- If you already have a verified MADI account, you’ll progress to the next sections of the application.
- Complete the ID verification process on the same device on which you began – do not switch from computer to mobile.
- To confirm your ID from a computer, enter the ID manually, do not use the mobile QR code option.
- Once you confirm your identity, you’ll receive a notification that you will receive an activation code in the mail – you do not need to wait for the mailed verification code to complete your application for the Emergency Isolation Supports.
- If you don’t see the button, please launch the assessment again. Once you sign in with your new MADI account, you will be able to complete the application.
When to expect your payment?
Once your application is approved, you will receive your payment through Interac e-Transfer within 24 to 48 hours.