Where to file your tax return

by in Tax Advice Information and Updates
An individual must file his/her tax return for the province in which they reside on  December 31 of that tax year.  There are special circumstances where a person can be considered a resident of a province but have temporarily relocated to another province – temporary job transfers, student in a province where they do not normally reside. 

So if you plan to move to a province with a lower tax rate, do so before December 31st to make sure you get this lower tax rate applied to your tax return.

The CRA has guidelines on how to determine the individual’s residence status -- IT221 Determination of an Individual's Residence Status
Rate this blog entry:
KD PROFESSIONAL is a group of interconnected companies offering a wide range of financial, accounting and tax services to individuals and businesses across Canada. Through our experienced staff and strategic alliances, we provide exemplary service and solutions to maximize your cash flow, while preserving Wealth.


  • No comments made yet. Be the first to submit a comment

Leave your comment

Guest Wednesday, 23 January 2019

If you have a question about one of our products or services, please do not hesitate to contact us!
Please Enter Your Name
Please Enter A Valid Email
Please Enter Your Phone Number
Please select your preferred method of contact.
Refresh Please letters shown!

KD Professional Services
Monday-Friday 9am- 5pm
102, 221 18th Street SE
Calgary, AB, T2E 6J5


Read our Tweets