Did you know that the Canada Pension Plan contribution rates have risen starting January 2019? https://t.co/j9hfofJTaO
Taxpayers’ Ombudsman’s 2017-2018 Annual Report, Part 2in Canadian Government News and Updates
Here are the key highlights of the Taxpayers’ Ombudsman’s 2017-2018 Annual Report:
- New complaints received: 1,922 (up 29% from previous fiscal year)
- Issues closed: 2,255 (Up 40% from previous fiscal year)
- Two systematic examinations were completed. The Ombudsman recommended the CRA improve its efforts to ensure the timeliness of its response for the Taxpayer Relief Program and that all persons in shelters receive their benefits.
According to this report, the most common areas of complaints are:
- Delays in processing individual income tax returns;
- Lack of clarity in the information received from the CRA regarding T1 tax returns;
- Delays in processing for T1 adjustment requests;
- Lack of consistent information when dealing with agents at the individual tax enquiries telephone line;
- Lack of timeliness in processing and clarity of information concerning the Canada child benefit and;
- Lack of fairness of debt collections processes for T1 tax returns.
So what are your thoughts regarding this report? Do you think the Taxpayers’ Ombudsman is doing a good job in helping the taxpayers and resolving complaints?
Remember, if you need assistance with regards to any issue you are having with your taxes, KD is here to help!