Tax Tip: If you recently moved

by in Tax Advice Information and Updates
Tax Tip:  If you recently moved
If you have moved recently, you must inform the CRA as soon as possible.  Remember, you must always keep your personal information with the CRA up-to-date will ensure that there are no delays with your GST/HST credit, Canada child tax benefit payments and Working income tax benefit advance payments.  You may also experience delays in receiving important correspondence from the CRA if you do not inform them of your change in address. 

So if you have recently moved, you can change your address online (through the MyAccount feature), by mail (send a completed Form RC325, Address change request or by sending a letter or fax to your tax centre), by phone (call the Individual Income Tax Enquiries line at 1-800-959-8281).

If you are writing the CRA a letter regarding a change of address for someone else, including your spouse or common-law partner, do not forget to include their social insurance number and have them sign the letter authorizing the change to their records.

Rate this blog entry:
KD PROFESSIONAL is a group of interconnected companies offering a wide range of financial, accounting and tax services to individuals and businesses across Canada.

Through our experienced staff and strategic alliances, we provide exemplary service and solutions to maximize your cash flow, while preserving Wealth.


  • No comments made yet. Be the first to submit a comment

Leave your comment

Guest Sunday, 20 May 2018

If you have a question about one of our products or services, please do not hesitate to contact us!
Please Enter Your Name
Please Enter A Valid Email
Please Enter Your Phone Number
Please select your preferred method of contact.
Refresh Please letters shown!

KD Professional Services
Monday-Friday 9am- 5pm
102, 221 18th Street SE
Calgary, AB, T2E 6J5


Read our Tweets