Tax Filing Season: Your Tax Slips

by in Tax Advice Information and Updates
Tax Filing Season:  Your Tax Slips
Your tax slips are prepared by your employers, payer or administrator.  Most tax slips and receipts will be sent out to you by the end of February.  However, T3 and T5013 slips do not have to be sent out before the end of March. 

There are several types of tax slips that you might want to be aware of.

1.     T4 slips include the following:  T4 Statement of Remuneration Paid, T4A Statement of Pension, Retirement, Annuity and Other Income, T4A (OAS) Statement of Old Age Security, T4A (P) Statement of Canada Pension Plan Benefits, T4E Statement of Employment Insurance and Other Benefits, T4RIF Statement of Income from a Registered Retirement Income Fund and the T4RSP Statement of RRSP Income.

2.    T5 slips include the T5 Statement of Investment Income – individuals, T5007 Statement of Benefits and T5008 Statement of Securities Transactions – individuals.

3.    T3 Statement of Trust Income Allocations and Designations

4.    RC62 Universal Child Care Benefit statement

5.    RC210 Working Income Tax Benefit Advance Payments Statement

6.    RRSP contribution receipt

If you have not received, or have lost or misplace a slip for the current year, you can ask your employer or the issuer of the slip for a copy.

If you know that you will not be able to receive a tax slip on time to file your tax return, or you do not receive them, you may be able to view your tax information online through the MyAccount for Individuals.  Otherwise, you can attach a note to your paper return stating the payer’s name and address, the type of income involved and what you are doing to get the slip. 

You can use your pay stubs or statements to estimate the income you have to report and any related deductions and credits you can claim.  Make sure to attach a copy of the pay stubs to your paper return and keep the original documents. If you are filing electronically, keep all of your documents in case the CRA asks for them later. 

You can also get copies of your OAS, EI and CPP tax slips electronically through the Service Canada website.

Rate this blog entry:
KD PROFESSIONAL is a group of interconnected companies offering a wide range of financial, accounting and tax services to individuals and businesses across Canada.

Through our experienced staff and strategic alliances, we provide exemplary service and solutions to maximize your cash flow, while preserving Wealth.


  • No comments made yet. Be the first to submit a comment

Leave your comment

Guest Friday, 14 December 2018

If you have a question about one of our products or services, please do not hesitate to contact us!
Please Enter Your Name
Please Enter A Valid Email
Please Enter Your Phone Number
Please select your preferred method of contact.
Refresh Please letters shown!

KD Professional Services
Monday-Friday 9am- 5pm
102, 221 18th Street SE
Calgary, AB, T2E 6J5


Read our Tweets