Do you want to save money on your home expenses? Take a look at some common ways to cut back on your home expenses… https://t.co/8SI0fLyziz
Small expenses that add upin Media Centre
The cost of living in major cities has been increasing at an alarming rate. And with the recent trade dispute between Canada and the US, we’re seeing everything, from groceries to gas prices, going up and up and up.
With the prices of everything increasing, we need to take a look at all the small expenses that we spend on and see if we can save some money by avoiding them altogether. Remember, every little cent adds up!
1. Coffee. If you are one of those people who stop by at your local Starbucks and buy a $5 cup of coffee every day, then you probably need to reconsider. Your little Starbucks habit is costing you at least $100 a month (if you buy Mondays thru Fridays). That’s $1200 a year! I can think of a few other things that you could use that money on other than coffee . . .
2. Books. Do you buy a few books at the bookstore every month? The cost of 1 book can be at least $10. I have 2 words for you: Public Library. Yes, the Calgary Public Library, for example, has a great selection of books you can choose from. Also, if you have kids, it’s a great way to introduce them to the classics like Dr. Seuss. All for FREE!
3. Work lunch. Sometimes, it is just nice to get out of the office and have lunch at the nearest restaurant. But eating out for lunch will cost you a pretty penny. You may be spending at least $15 every time you go out for lunch which amounts to $75 a week or $300 a month. You could have used that money to pay off your credit card debt. Just saying. So starting packing your lunches!
4. Snacks. Small food items such as biscuits and chocolates or a bottle of juice adds up. Every time you go out, buying small snacks and a drink could rack up to at least $10. And don’t get me started on buying snacks if you have kids. What you can do is to pack little food items so you don’t have to spend when you get snack-y.
5. Water. One bottled water could cost you at least $2 if you buy at a mall. So just bring with you a water bottle and not only are you saving money but you are also helping save the environment!
- Public Consultations on Proposals Relating to Taxa...
- Simple and easy ways to save money on your energy ...