Do you want to save money on your home expenses? Take a look at some common ways to cut back on your home expenses… https://t.co/8SI0fLyziz
Simple and easy ways to save money on your energy bill, Part 1in Media Centre
1. Turn off lights when not in use. Sounds simple enough but you won’t believe how many households can’t quite get around to doing this. Some houses even have their lights on their front doors and garage doors turned on 24/7. You can save $15 per year just to turn off two 100-watt incandescent light bulbs for an extra two hours a day. (bchydro.com)
2. Limit use of hot water by taking shorter showers, washing laundry in cold water and turning off the faucet when shaving or brushing your teeth. You can save up to $22 per year on your energy bill if you switch from hot to cold when washing your laundry and up to $19 per year if you reduce the use of your hot water by 5%. (bchydro.com)
3. Check your air filters every month. Replace your air filters every 3 months to ensure that your system is working efficiently and thus reducing your energy costs.
4. Ditch the desktop computer and use a laptop instead. Laptops are 90% more energy efficient than desktop computers.
5. Run full loads only for your laundry and you could save $18 a year on your energy costs.
We have more tips for you on how you can save money on your energy bill on our next blog so please check back soon!