Do you want to save money on your home expenses? Take a look at some common ways to cut back on your home expenses… https://t.co/8SI0fLyziz
How to save on your grocery bill, Part 1in Media Centre
1. Plan your meals weekly. It’s the best way to save on your grocery is to plan your meals for at least a week. If it may be too much, you can start with a plan for 3 days. By planning ahead, you can create your grocery list according to what is on sale (check your weekly flyers!) and what you already have in stock at home.
2. Make your grocery list based on your planned weekly meals and stick to it! Only buy what is on your list so you will not go over your budget.
3. Buy your non-food staples such as toilet paper, paper towels and detergent in bulk or at the discount store.
4. Check your local stores’ weekly flyers. Watch out for non-perishable items that you can get on sale like diapers (example: a large box of Huggies Pull-ups when on sale is about $33, regular price is $39, a 18 kg white rice you can get on sale for $24 instead of $32 at regular price). And as mentioned earlier, you can also plan your meals with what is on sale based on the weekly flyers.
5. Return bottles and cans at your local bottle depot. You can get some extra cash if you do.
6. Pack snacks and water or juice boxes if you are going out with your kids. When going to the mall or to the zoo, bring your own snacks and drinks. Unless you want to buy that $5 bottle of orange juice . . .
We have more tips for you on how you can save money on your grocery bill on our next blog so please check back soon!