How does good record keeping save you money as a business owner? https://t.co/yjeFX6GBYO
Extended Parental Leave and other new benefits Start December 3in Canadian Government News and Updates
Through a statement by the Minister of Families, Children and Social Development, the following changes to the EI program will be made beginning December 3rd:
1. Eligible pregnant workers will be able to receive EI maternity benefits up to 12 weeks before their due date.
2. Parents can choose to receive parental benefits over a period of 12 months at the current rate or up to 18 months at a lower benefit rate.
3. Caregivers who provide care to a critically ill or injured adult family member will have access to a new benefit of up to 15 weeks.
4. Immediate and extended family members of children who are critically ill will have access to a new benefit that was previously available only to parents. This new benefit will replace the Parents of Critically Ill Children benefit and will continue to provide up to 35 weeks of benefits.
5. Both medical doctors and nurse practitioners will be able to sign medical certificates for the existing and new family caregiving benefits.