Failure is often that early morning hour of darkness which precedes the dawning of the day of success. https://t.co/pZwF1VpBI0
After Tax Season: Keeping your Tax Documentsin Tax Advice Information and Updates
After the tax season is the perfect time to start a good filing system for previous years’ tax documents as well as for this year’s. You can base your filing system according to our list of tax documents needed for you to file an income tax return.
1. Prior year notice of assessment
2. T-slips such as T3, T4, T4A, etc.
3. Donation receipts
4. RRSP slips
5. Medical receipts
6. Childcare receipts
7. Transit passes
8. Capital Gains/Losses and Associated Fees
11. Business income and expenses or Corporate wages
12. Interest on $ borrowed to invest (statements or amounts)
13. Other investments
14. First Time Home Buyer
You can take it a step further by organizing by year. Keep these documents in one place or in one cabinet to make it easier for you to access for next year’s tax filing season.
- Don’t agree with your Notice of Assessment? Here’s...
- Getting Started: What you need to know when start...